Version: APA Format
Does it take you almost as long to format
a paper in APA style as it does to write it?
Reference Point Software’s templates make it easy to format your papers in APA 6th edition style. With just a few clicks of the mouse, your document will have the proper margins, with the header and page numbers in exactly the right places. Even references and citations are a snap…just type in the information and the software will format it perfectly.
Most importantly, our templates allow you to concentrate on the content of your paper, so you can learn about the topic rather than word processing commands. Save time and work smarter with our templates, which are available for use with Word, OpenOffice and NeoOffice.
These templates are based on the 6th Ed. of the APA Publication Manual (see order screen for the versions available in 5th & 6th Edition) and include support for APA’s style guidelines for electronic resources and references.
What do the templates do?
Generally, Reference Point Software templates do two things:
- Set up a blank document in APA 6th edition or 5th edition format, ready for you to type your paper into.
- Automatically format the reference list & make inserting citations easy.
- Create the Header (also called Running head) with page numbers
- Set up the proper margins, line spacing, etc.
- Create a title page
- Create an abstract page, place for the body of the paper, and reference page
- Easily add properly formatted headings and subheadings
- Format each reference with commas, parentheses, italics, and indents in exactly the right spots
- Stores references in a database for easy editing and reuse, you control where data is stored (if you want to).
- With Reference Point templates your citation info travels with your document. If you work on more than one computer you only need to copy one file to the other computer – your APA document!
- If you need to edit references on more than one computer you can easily copy the references file just as easily as your document. Put it on a flash drive, email it to yourself, or use a program like DropBox to store your references in the cloud and sync your computers.
- Make it a snap to cite a reference in the body of the paper and even cite multiple sources in one citation
- Create complex page numbering (MS Word only)
- Provide sample tables that you can modify for your own needs (MS Word only)
- Provide a template to easily create an outline (MS Word only)
- Easily backup your document automatically and on demand (MS Word for Windows only)
- Compatible with Win XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, Win 10, and OS X (see order page for specifics)
What do the templates look like?
This is the APA tab in Word 2010.